Sunday 24 March 2013

Zagreb Series - Morning and Night

I realise just how my life has been dominated by work when the photos I could take were those in the morning and in the evening, from the hotel room.

Today, I read in a magazine how a woman, far more successful than me, reflected on her job at Lehman Brothers. "I didn't start out with the goal of devoting all of myself to my job. It crept in over time. Each year that went by, slight modifications became the new normal. First I spent half an hour on Sunday organising my email, to-do list and calendar to make Monday morning easier. Then I was working a few hours on Sunday, then all day. My boundaries slipped until until work was all that was left". Let that be a salutary lesson to lesser mortals like me.

21st March 2013
Zagreb at night, view from the hotel room
22nd March 2013 - A bright spring day at Zagreb
The chimney of Savica Power Plant in the distance