Wednesday 27 November 2013

Passing through Warsaw

A rare event for me to be travelling with a colleague. This time, from Bucharest to Warsaw. It's a short journey, just under 2 hours, but the Embraer EMB-175 was surprisingly generous with leg room. Some glum stewardess served us a chocolate biscuit and a cup of water. Note: the same items were served on a 3 hour flight from Warsaw to London Heathrow, and when I enquired about a cup of tea, I was directed to the on board menu. Ho hum. By that time I had got rid of all my zloty, so decided to sleep instead. I guess not having to pay for the water was a significant improvement on, for example, a flight from London Heathrow to Dublin on board a BMI flight. On that flight, BMI charged €2.50 for a bottle of water. 

Since this is LOT and not British Airways, I was able to take photos on approach to the Frederic Chopin airport. It was very liberating without being told to do this and that or not to do this and that by flight attendants patrolling the aisles during take off or landing. Unfortunately I was not able to identify the landscape.
Aerial view on approach to Frederic Chopin Airport, Warsaw
Alas, there was no time to enjoy the city. It was airport - hotel - office - hotel, the eternal loop. But from the hotel at Aleje Jerozolimskie, the skyline at night was fabulous.


Skyline at Al. Jerozolimskie, Warsaw
Skyline at Al. Jerozolimskie, Warsaw