Tuesday 23 August 2011

Bratislava Series - Home Brands

What a coincidence that the first view that I see from one of my hotel windows is M&S.  I must find time to visit the place and check out the merchandise. 

Sheraton Bratislava has upgraded me to a suite, which means a 1-minute walk from the  bedroom to the door at the end of a long corridor.  This also means that I am relatively insulated from the comings and goings of late night revelers.


Summer has come with a vengence.  It is like a sauna in the open.  If the dress code is casual, be prepared for beach wear at office meetings.  It pays to be open minded and be prepared for all manners of clothing including vests, flip flops, shorts.

I notice that there are reserved car parking spaces at office buildings for bosses to park their BMWs and Audis.  Here, there is no pretence of being an egilitarian society.