Sunday 1 July 2012

Bratislava Series - I'll be gone at the height of summer

This is my penultimate weekend at Bratislava. It is only the beginning of July, and the heat is fierce - 28 degrees Celsius at 10:00. I came to this country in August 2011, and I have grown attached to her and her people. It will be heart wrenching to leave this "small country with a big heart" when the time comes. There will be enduring images that I will take with me: the places and the people. But this is a travelogue of the places rather than the people, so I will only record the former.
Eurovea Square, right along the Danube.
Not many souls braving the heat at 10:00 on a Sunday
Blesk, the laundry. Prices here are a fraction of the hotel's.
Often, there are animated exchanges with service assistants
who do not speak a word of English
The glass ceiling at Eurovea Galleria, with view of the fountain above.